Snow White’s Revenge
- A short story retelling of Snow White’s classic tale.
- Here she is portrayed as a strong, independent lady, who wants revenge for her family and land, after the evil Queen takes over.
- She is imprisoned at a young age by the Queen, then escapes and that’s where her adventure begins.
- There is some character development, but because this story is short, the pace makes development hard.
- You also see a bit of magic in this tale.
- Romance is also a small part of this story and I had hoped to see something new here, but the essence of the classic tale was prominent in the plot.
- I’d love to see where Casey takes the tales in the future.
Keep an eye out for her other novels:
Back by Sunrise
- A beautiful tale about family, friendship, love and loss.
- There is some element of magic here, although you do not expect it at the start.
- This enhances the plot, rather than distracting the reader, in an unexpected way.
- Couldn’t put this book down.
- Symbolism is a huge part of this story.
- We get subtle hints of the lessons the main character needs to learn.
- The ending to this exceptional tale gave me chills!
Keep an eye out for his other novels: (there are more)